Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Boxing Day

July 11th 2007, Vargas and Mayorga had a press conference for the formal announcement of their fight on September 8th 2007. The fight, as you know, begun prematurely:

Mayorga: "I will do Vargas a favor by retiring him in this fight so his family doesn't have to suffer every time he steps in the ring. I'm going to do your wife a favor and not let her cry anymore after I disfigure you."

He continued: ” I'm going to finish you, but you're finished already”

Vargas replied: “This will be my last fight for one reason only. It's for pride. I can't leave my career after a loss… Mayorga can disrespect me all he wants but not my queens”

And finally:

Vargas: "We should have sold tickets to this press conference; we had a little firework here today. There will definitely be fireworks in the ring at Staples Center on Sept. 8."

Yup, that’s it! The center of this trash talks is one and always one: the tickets!

Here is a hint for you for what have just happened today: ticket is equal to voting ballot and press conference plus 'trash talks' is equal to campaign minus cost!

No comments: